I have a Super XL and it runs fine since I got the new fuel line and filter from parkinparts but when you turn the ignition (off/on switch) off it gives you a shock (it did it before the new line also). I thought I would ask the more qualified where I should start first.
Post by tommyhnavix on Jan 17, 2013 10:26:51 GMT -5
The kill switch that is shocking you actually grounds the primary side of the coil to stop the spark, thus killing the engine. If the switch is bad internally or not tight and grounded to its mounting surface you can get a pretty good shock. I would remove the switch and clean and shine up the mounting surface,scrape the paint off to bare metal and make sure it is tightend up snugly. If you still get a shock, replace the switch. Also check the wire from the kill switch to the coil and make sure it is not pinched or bare anywhere while you are in their and clean out all the accumulated saw dust also.
You can scroll down here and find a parts list for your saw
Post by onlyhomelites on Feb 21, 2017 19:53:50 GMT -5
Later models ran a separate lead for grounding the switch...the diagram above does show this, but it's deceiving as the kill switch wire to the coi lis not shown in Figure 1. The lead that is shown goes under the engine housing and is secured by one screw to the engine block for good grounding. It is important to get the wires correctly mounted...the lead from the coil (thinner lead) goes to the terminal on the switch and fatter ground lead goes to the tang that grounds the switch body.